The land was donated to the Wilderland Trust by the founders Dan & Edith Hansen.
The WILDERLAND TRUST was incorporated under the Charitable Trusts Act 1957 on the 21st June 1990. Click more to see the certificate.
The Wilderland Trust Deed was signed - it remains in affect to this day, with subsequent amendments.
A drift into the use of drugs on the Wilderland property following the "hippie" movement of the 60s & 70s caused Wilderland to move to a no drugs, alcohol or tobacco policy.
Dan & Edith started reaching out to the wider community to inform them about Wilderland, its needs and ongoing work. Attached is a copy of the Friends of Wilderland pamphlet from Nov 3 1973
A permanent roadside stall was built on the side of SH25, the main road into Whitianga.
Roadside sales of excess produce begin - initially using a tent.
Dan & Edith Hansen purchased a large disused block of land on the Whitianga Estuary in the Coromandel Peninsula. The land had been abandoned by its owner 8 years previously.